We’re really looking forward to seeing all your scarecrows again this year! Below are the details on how to enter.
This year we are using the event to raise money for further improvements to the town, with the hope of raising enough money for some new benches. Ideally we would like to raise around £2500, so while it is free to enter, we are suggesting a donation of £5. We will send you further details on how to donate when you enter, or you can see our fundraising page here: Scarecrow Day Fundraising Page
If you would like to enter your Scarecrow into the competition please email Rebecca McFarlane on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A photo of your Scarecrow
- Address of Scarecrow (where can people find it)
- Name of scarecrow
- Story of scarecrow (if there is one!)
- Please let us know in the email if you are NOT happy for your Scarecrow photo to be published on the DCDT website and social media platforms or used for other purposes after the event.
Prizes will be awarded for:
1) Most creative
2) Best name
3) Best in Show!
You can see last year’s winners here: Scarecrow Day 2020
If you don’t want to enter the competition but would still like to make a donation, please click on the donate button below
Scarecrow Competition Rules
- To enter the competition you must send the above information to our Rebecca no later than 5pm on Thursday 3rd June 2021.
- Scarecrows are to be on display on your property between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 5th June 2021 (although you can put them up before then and keep them up for as long as you like!).
- Scarecrows should be placed in a safe location and should be clearly visible from the road. Scarecrows should be secured so that they will not blow away, and in a position that will not cause danger, injury, or annoyance to others.
- Photographs will be published on the DCDT website or used for other purposes after the event. If you do not want your photograph to be used by DCDT please let us know when you enter the competition.
- Scarecrows on show without having been entered into the competition will not be eligible to win a prize.
- The use of tailors dummies or mannequins is not allowed.
- After the winners have been announced, entrants are responsible for clearing away their own scarecrow.