**** Unfortunately, due to the on-going Covid-19 restrictions, the Community Library will remain closed until further notice****
- We hope to resume opening times soon
Keeping you safe!
We have been closely following the Government guidelines to ensure we can open up safely. As well as a detailed risk assessment we have also introduced the following processes and procedures:
- Limited the number of people in a particular space such as the main library area
- Closed the main toilets; just the accessible toilet is available to use therefore limiting the number of people in a confined space
- Made hand sanitiser available throughout the building
- Provided face coverings for all volunteers and requested visitors to wear face coverings when using the library
- Floor markings to help people maintain physical distancing
- More regular cleaning, with particular care given to communal spaces such as the toilets
- Introduced a one-way flow to reduce people passing one another in small spaces
- Displayed public health messages throughout the premises
- Introduced a Track and Trace process which requires all library visitors to log their details when entering the building.
- Books will be quarantined for a week before being put back on the shelves
- No donations are being accepted until further notice
If you would like to see our library risk assessment please contact us and we will send you a copy. You can email us on: email@example.com
How to Join the library
Joining the library is FREE!
Come down to the Library and sign up for your FREE library ticket. Our friendly volunteers will be more than happy to show you where everything is and how it all works.
Please note that we are no longer a part of the Clackmannanshire Council Library Service. You can of course be a member of both our Community Library and the Council’s Library service but our books and tickets are not interchangeable with theirs.
Our Children’s Library:
Our welcoming children’s library is colourful and cozy and a great place to develop a passion for reading. We have managed to add activities such as story time and colouring sessions to add to the fun.
*** DUE TO COVID19 WE CANNOT ACCEPT DONATIONS – UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE****
Many people have generously offered to donate books. We are happy to take most books, as long as they are in good condition. If your unwanted books are not in good condition please take them straight to the charity shop. If you are unsure about what you can donate please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The book club meets on the last Monday of the month at Dollar Golf Club at 7.30 pm. They can access 10 copies from a list of 45 books from Clackmannanshire’s library services and are sticking to those at moment. Current book is Wild by Cheryl Strayed. If you are keen to join, please contact Barbara Malcolm on email@example.com.
Can YOU help?
The Library is entirely dependent upon volunteers. If you are interested in getting more involved we would love to hear from you. Drop into the Library or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The kind of activities we are particularly interested in are:
- Welcome and Assist Visitors
- Issuing Tickets
- Checking Books In/Out
- Shelf Filling
- Book Labeling
- Fund Raising Activities
- Promotional Activities
- New Events and Services
Local Authors: Would you like to hold a talk, book signing or promotion?
About the Dollar Community Library
Our new Library is staffed and run entirely by a team of local volunteers. We believe that the Library is a vital resource for members of the Dollar Community young and old.
Our key aims are:
- To provide a thriving community library in Dollar which is used and valued by the community
- To encourage children to develop a love of reading and to support literacy
- To increase social inclusion in our older population by making the library welcoming and accessible, building other events and activities around it
Clackmannanshire Council has donated us a stock of around 4000 books to start us off (See resources section below). Where we go from here is up to us as a community!
We would love to hear from you about what kind of books you would like to see on our shelves and any recommendations for really good reads you feel other people would enjoy. Look out for suggestion sheets around the Library or email us at email@example.com
A big thanks to Mia for these lovely posters. There are colouring pens and paper in the children’s library and we would love to see more children have a go at designing more!