The Trust has signed up to TerraCyle: A recycling company that specialises in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste which is not processed by local councils.
The Hive now accepts the following;
👁 Contact Lenses:
- Any brand of disposable contact lenses
- Any brand of contact lens blister pack
- Any brand of contact lens foil
- Any brand of pen
- Any brand of highlighter
- Any brand of correction fluid pot
- Any brand of marker
💄 Personal Care and Beauty:
- Flexible single use mask packaging and the blue plastic film put on top of the tissue mask
- Caps, pumps and trigger sprays (no rigid bottles)
- Hair dye kits (no plastic bottles or cardboard)
- Plastic packaging (tubes, pots, flexible wipes packaging etc.)
- Roll-on deodorants
- Empty makeup packaging
🧴 Hair Care:
- Aussie, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences and Pantene shampoo refill pouches
🦷 Dental Care:
- Toothpaste tubes and caps
- Floss containers
- Electric toothbrush heads
🧼Home and Laundry:
- Tinted fabric conditioner bottles & caps
- Flexible laundry washing capsules and pods packaging
- Flexible dishwasher tablets
- Lenor Tumble Dryer Sheets
- Plastic air freshener containers, cartridge caps and car air fresheners
- Flexible white packaging and tinted rigid tubes used for home
🧸Non electric Hasbro toys and games
- Play doh
- Littlest pet shop
- My Little Pony
- Mr Potato Head
- & more
How does it work?
Collect products at home ➡ wash them.
Bring your products into the Hive: Mon – Fri 9.30am to 2pm.
Once our bin is full, we will send to TerraCycle UK where they will be recycled into a raw material that can be manufactured into an end product such as; outdoor furniture and decking, plastic shipping pallets, watering cans, storage containers and bins, tubes for construction applications, flooring tiles, playground surface covers, athletic fields, and more!
For more information click here.