We are committed to providing meaningful volunteering opportunities for the local community.
The Trust have a wide range of projects and services for you to get involved in, we can also signpost you to other opportunities within Dollar and the surrounding areas.
As a small charity we rely heavily on volunteers to run our projects and services, so have a look at this page to see what opportunities are available, and if you are interested in getting involved please contact our Development Officer, Rebecca McFarlane to talk through the options, her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07563 405939.
- our Volunteer Driver Service which offers lifts to local people (mainly elderly) who have limited mobility or no access to transport and need to get to appointments, etc.
- the community library which is open two sessions a week and run by volunteers.
- Our Dementia Friendly Dollar activity will include a fortnightly community café at the Hive in January aimed at older people in the community and we need café volunteers and bakers.
- Baby and Toddler Group Support – help with the baby group, hosts and bakers, Rhythm and Rhyme sessions, walk leaders.
- Right now we are looking for people to help with maintaining the trees that have been planted. This would entail doing a walk by of the trees every two weeks (or as often as you can, any help would be appreciated) during the summer/early autumn and then a few visits Nov – March.
- We are looking for coordinators and fixers for our Repair Café held on the last Saturday of each month.
- Toy Library: we would like to set up a toy library, is there someone who could help us to do this?
If you are between 12 and 25 years old you can get official recognition for your volunteering by signing up to the Saltire Awards. You can put the awards on your CV and earn one for as little as 10 hours volunteered.
To sign up or find out more visit the Saltire Awards website here.
Other Volunteering Opportunities
If any Dollar organisations would like us to include other volunteering opportunities on our website please contact us at: email@example.com using the subject line ‘Volunteering Opp’ .
Clackmannanshire Third Sector Interface (CTSI) also run a Clackmannanshire wide volunteering service which matches both volunteers to opportunities and vice-versa.
Find local volunteering opportunities here.