Get busy, make one now!
Every garden needs a Scarecrow!
If you would like to enter your Scarecrow into the competition please email Rebecca McFarlane on firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A photo of your Scarecrow
- Address of Scarecrow (where can people find it?):
- Name of scarecrow:
- Story of scarecrow (if there is one!):
- Please let us know in the email if you are NOT happy for your Scarecrow photography to be published on the DCDT website and Social Media platforms or used for other purposes after the event?
Prizes will be awarded for:
1) Most creative
2) Most entertaining / funniest
3) Best name
4) Best in Show!
Scarecrow Competition Rules
- To enter the competition you must send the above information to our Development Officer no later than 5pm on Thursday 28th May 2020.
- Scarecrows are to be on display on your property between 10am and 4pm on Saturday 30th May 2020.
- Scarecrows should be placed in a safe location and should be clearly visible from the road. Scarecrows should be secured so that they will not blow away, and in a position that will not cause danger, injury, or annoyance to others.
- Photographs will be published on the DCDT website or used for other purposes after the event. If you do not want your photograph to be used by DCDT please let us know when you enter the competition.
- Scarecrows on show without having been entered into the competition will not be eligible to win.
- The use of tailors dummies or mannequins is not allowed.
- After the winners have been announced, entrants are responsible for clearing away their own scarecrow.