Our second tree planting session of 2020 is over the next two weekends:
- Saturday 28th snd Sunday 29th November from 10am to 3pm
- Saturday 5th December from 10am to 3pm
We have 920 trees to plant and this time we are going to trial an innovative planting technique from Japan, called Miyawaki. It is dense planting, with 3 trees per square metre. The ground is fully prepared and composted. Evidence shows it increases both biodiversity and speed of tree growth.
The planting location is the old 13th green, which is about 1 inch up from the “f” in “golf” on this map: https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=d2baf674-ad39-4ee8-8c36-553eb33810f1&cp=56.169532~-3.676662&lvl=16&style=h&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027
There will be signs up at the Golf Clubhouse to the planting location on the day.
How do I get involved?
There are a number of ways you can support us:
– you can buy some tree saplings (£10 for 5, £20 for 12) and plant them on any of the days shown (to ensure we are COVID safe you MUST book a volunteer slot)
– if you don’t want to do the planting, don’t worry, our team of volunteers will plant them for you – just choose the ticket that says ‘no planting’
– if you don’t want to buy trees, don’t worry, you can just volunteer to help plant them (click the FREE ticket to book a volunteer slot)!
TO ENSURE WE ARE COVID-SAFE YOU MUST BOOK A SLOT FOR PLANTING – PLEASE DO NOT JUST TURN UP ON THE DAY
You will be sent information on what to do on the day after you book your ticket. Once booked, Rebecca McFarlane, our Development Officer will contact you to organise your time slot for planting.
If you have any questions before booking your ticket – please email Rebecca on email@example.com or call 07563 405939