We are committed to providing meaningful volunteering opportunities for the local community.
The Trust have a wide range of projects and services for you to get involved in, we can also signpost you to other opportunities within Dollar and the surrounding areas.
As a small charity we rely heavily on volunteers to run our projects and services, so have a look at this page to see what opportunities are available, and if you are interested in getting involved please contact our Development Officer, Rebecca McFarlane to talk through the options, her email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07563 405939!
- Himalayan Balsam Removal along the river Devon: a group of local volunteers will be removing Himalayan Balsam from along the river Devon from Saturday 11th July through to Sunday 19th July – if you would like to be involved please click on the following link: Himalayan Balsam project info or get in touch with David Louden on 07813 094 801 for any additional information.
- Volunteer Driver Scheme needs drivers
- Community Library needs library assistants
- The Hive action group needs people with ideas on making the best use of our community space
- The Townscape Committee (more information below)
- The Development Trust Board – we are always looking for new Board members, we are currently looking for Board members with skills in marketing! Contact email@example.com for further info.
Volunteer Driver Service
The Volunteer Driver service is a small group of local people who use their own cars to drive local residents without access to their own transport to appointments, the shops, the library or other short journeys. For more information about the service click here
*Please note that you will also be required to undergo a PVG check
Community Library Team
The Trust took over the library from Clackmannanshire Council in 2018 and now it is a bustling community space. We have a regular story-time for children, author visits and a book club. For more information and opening times click here.
We are always looking for more volunteers, we believe that with some creative thinking and imagination we could hugely increase the facilities on offer at the library to encourage more people to use it and keep Dollar reading.
If you would like to be part of this effort then please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Library Team’.
The Hive Action Group
Taking over a huge asset like the Hive (formally the Civic Centre) is an exciting opportunity, but if we’re going to make it work it’s going to take a lot of effort and some courageous volunteers. For more information about the HIve click here
We want to set up an Action Group to take the lead on this, if you’re interested in joining the Action Group please email us at: email@example.com using the subject line ‘The Hive Action’ .
The Townscape Committee
There are many different perspectives on how to keep a town centre thriving and bustling. There are equally many different needs to take into account. Scottish Towns has produced an excellent toolkit on how to re-invigorate a town centre which we think would make a potentially useful framework for Dollar.
Read more [Here]
We would like to bring together representatives from all walks of life including residents, business owners / employees and others to form a Townscape Committee. This was be a key topic of discussion at our AGM on the 23rd of May.
If you would like more information about this opportunity please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Townscape’ .