If you are struggling financially as a result of COVID-19, our new Community Support Fund is offering small grants of up to £100 to Dollar residents who find themselves in urgent need
The Purpose of the fund is to provide help to people in Dollar who are in urgent need of money for essential purchases and who are not eligible for funds from another source or are unable to obtain those funds quickly enough to meet their need.
Examples of need: All requests will be considered but as a guide, awards could be made for:
- food and supplements and household supplies, especially where these would not be available from a food bank and which the applicant would be better able to source themselves
- repair or purchase of an essential household item
- cost of fuel for heating or cooking (if the person is in receipt of welfare benefits this cannot be in cash )
- equipment/materials to help with home-schooling (e.g. printer and/or stationery)
- toys or other activities for children in lockdown
- activities for adults in lockdown and under stress
- veterinary care for pets
- cleaning/sanitary products (free feminine hygiene products are available at the Hive on request and/or through the foodbanks in Tilly/Alloa/Alva)
- unspecified daily living costs when assisting with delayed income
- mobile phone top-up
Size of award: normally under £100 but exceptional awards can be made.
What to do if you would like to request a grant.
Please call the Dollar Response phone on 07496 089221 or put in a request in the secure postbox at the Hive.
Your request will be handled confidentially and you will be asked to provide contact details and only such information as we require to ensure we can justify the proper use of charitable funds. In some circumstances we may ask you to provide us with a reference from a professional source.
A decision will be made quickly – usually within 24 hours.
Awards may be made in cash, but specific items might be purchased directly by the Trust so long as this does cause not any issues for you (e.g. the Trust can order online from Amazon or another national online seller for delivery to you). For major purchases, receipts might be requested but this isn’t essential.
Additional (Important) Information
The fund has been established from contributions made by the community to help people meet essential need arising from the Covid-19 pandemic. It should not be used as an alternative to statutory welfare funds or funds made available by government to meet the Covid-19 crisis. It is expected that payment will normally be one off to meet specific needs and there should be no expectation that regular income needs are met. It will be possible, though, for applicants to make further, specific requests if the need arises.